Friday, December 19, 2008

A moment for the WB frog.

*sings* Hello my baby, hello my darling...

Yea I know that's random but I was thinking about Writers Block's show tonight and that came to mind. *shrugs* Maybe he can be our new mascot. Lol.

The show tonight @ the bowery was B-A-NA-NA-S!!

"I am the truth, so why would I lie" {Rip the MC/host & mastermind behind writers block}

People who haven't been seen in forever were out at the show. We even got the atmosphere open early but we must not forget the poetry.

But WAIT Theophilus London was there to start us off!! Talk about dope. His music, stage presence and overall personality was dope. If you don't know him please google him and get some his music. You will NOT be dissappointed.

Okay so then the poetry happened. We have an amazing collective who tore it up tonight [Rip, Kesed, Falu, Soulful Jones and Aja-Monet]. Maad new poems. Tears were shed. It got Real at the bowery.

Then there was the "after the show its the Afterparty!" which I won't speak to much on it. Hot FIYAH!!! But you should've been there...

Special shouts to Urbanword nyc, Get old money, A.l.i.e.n, Bitten tongue, philly youth slam team, and everyone else who was in the heavy. There is no us without YOU. Dead ass...

Maad excitement, a glass of wine, watery eyes, overworked sweat glands and a train ride later I am STILL awake. Wtf.

Like I don't have another job and another show to go to tomorrow. I'm ghost!

Peace Earthlings,
BlueBelle

1 comment: