Sunday, December 28, 2008

Listening to my horoscope...(poem!)

Ironically my end of the year horoscope (I'm a virgo by the way) said that I need to start utilizing poetry, so funny since I am a poet. Basically poetry is a great way to express myself and its cost efficient so I should include more into my life and carry it through to the new year. I talked to one of my very best friends today Jameer and was catching up on life but when I brought up the poem I wrote for him in August he didn't even remember. Which I won't lie hurt my feelings a lil so now I am going to post the piece because it was dope!

And because I love him even if he doesn't see it everyday he should feel it...

*Enjoy*

30-30 day 11, poem 10: a reason, a season and a lifetime…

Fall weather in fort greene
Brings me southern comfort
Collard green colored autumn leaves
home cooked smiles
Delicious December
Blankets thoughts in perfection
Pure snow topped landscapes
Silent horizons peak at me
From under sheets of slumber
Bracing against cold weather
With warm sensations
Layered in blessings
Neo soul tracks sound
Of sight at first impressions
Beautiful stranger
Purple rainfalls of tears
Cover old poems written
Before yours
Mahogany majesty
The real thing in stereo
Draws goose bumps every February
Simple satire draped in irony
Blinded in past tense
Careless with your affection
Sing to me off-key stories of forever
In notes manifested only for my ears
Whispers of your name ignite old flames
Of beach bonfires with friends
Togetherness
Childhood games like“Mother, may I?”
Kiss your sun
His light is unmistakable
Summer heat makes me miss him
Falling in love with me
Once beneath trees with hundreds of years
In rings around their trunks
Filled with history
Like ours
I can’t stop loving you
No matter what song I hear
Play in the past
Never thought kem was a prophet
Until we met in the future
I can wait for happiness
If It looks like you
Awaken in cold sweats
Nightmares about nevers
Chances only happen in blue moons
Angels who wear brown skin
Not cliché wings but just
Fly
Fall weather in fort greene
Makes me remember absent hugs
Arms that shield globes
The universe versus us
Little people make big impacts
Breezes bend around bare branches
Hold me
So I’ll never forget
The face of everything
That meant something to me
If I didn’t know you,
Then where would I Be?




Did you like it? Its unedited and freewritten but its soooo...hmm...real? vulnerable? honest?
All that, all that. lmao

Peace Earthlings,
Blue

1 comment:

  1. do you know that it said that we have noe 13 zodiac so dont stick to your old zodiac sign .

    ReplyDelete