Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dear Elmont (L.I) *poem*

It snowed the day I met your mother
Walked frosty paths to your heart
The snowflakes poured on our parade
Showering the day with perfection
Smelling of stale haze
We stopped dreaming
Sober
Tasting the inconsistency
Into holding on
That we exhale yesterday
Together
Winter makes it possible
To see breath committ suicide
Hang itself
On every word spoken
Like a true poet
Maybe if I were to kiss
Your blunt laced lips
I would get high;
Do lines
Of love.
Open like noses that tunnel vision
Freedom
Hearts that are open
From being smoked out
Of their hiding place
Vulnerable
Layered in fresh fallen flaws
Before your mother
Humbled by her judgement
And my insecurities
I introduce myself
As 'August' in december
Out of season global warming
Hoping to melt her baby boy's
Glacial exterior
Longing to be closer
Then words that make sense
In another dialect
To understand each other
I want to know him
Prose,
Personally,
Objectively in spreadsheets
That are microsoft,
Word
Has been our bond
Since logos
The dawn of time
Capsule,
Eclipse like his shade.
We met years ago
I remember our connection
From the womb,
Don't forget to kiss me
Before you leave
Again.

{Disclaimer} this was my day in a freewrite after spending time in L.I with a friend I thought could be more. I thought wrong. *shrugs*

No more poems that aren't earned. Tired of writing fantasies. Though there is a man that has been tresspassing on my thoughts lately. Hmm...time will tell. Lets just live, me and you, cool?

Peace Earthlings,
BlueBelle

No comments:

Post a Comment