Sunday, December 21, 2008

Aaron Mcgrudger= Genius

I just finished watching 2 reruns of The Boondocks on Adult Swim. For the sleepwalkers who have never seen that show...where have you been? And for the haters, respect Aaron's gangster! For real.

I may have watched these episodes many times before but its still educational, hilarious and eye opening. First one was about graffitti which for everyone who knows me understands how I feel about it.

Tagging is ART, too!! Yea I said it let the judgement begin.

Next one was on racial profiling and lemonade stands. Come on!! Who thinks like that?? Pure genius.

In it Jazmine (the lil mixed girl who lives on their block) starts a lemonade stand in the middle of a heatwave, the day of a shooting, which is taken over by a white businessman in order for her to buy a pony. Which she never gets, obviously.

She names the pony she's never seen except for once through a picture, Sammy Davis Jr the pony!!! Can you see the historical context in just that??? What?!

If not get up on your black history and find out a little more about Sammy Davis Jr who was a legend by the way.

All of this left me at the end of each half hour episode soaked in commercials with my jaw dropped and lots of things on my mind.

Someone please tell me what the hell Aaron Mcgrudger's I.Q is because he is a certified genius in my book. Logos! <---(my new 'word' look it up) lol

You think he's single?? Cuz I'm looking...

Peace Earthlings,
BlueBelle

2 comments:

  1. Blu! Always knew you could write, girl. Hey, the guy who animates for/co-directs the Boondocks in my friend! He's dope, right? Aaron ain't bad, neither ;)

    (Caitlin!)

    ReplyDelete