Monday, February 23, 2009

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade Koolaid

This theory just kind of happened while on the phone with whitley. Although it sparked some "controversy" (lol) after well explained it proves true and you'll also get a chuckle out of it.

Lemonade koolaid is my favorite out of all the koolaid flavors. This can be confirmed by my mother. *smiles*

Yea I know its still koolaid but its tastes ALMOST like the real thing.

Anyway here's my theory or philosophy if you will on life...It doesn't owe you anything. Barely "gives" you enough to survive but every once in a while it gives you "lemons" (moments/opportunities/ppl). The old way is to make lemonade with them but I say why? All that will leave you with is an empty glass & a memory.

I say Keep the lemons for the times you most need them and go to the local bodega for that lemonade koolaid. It tastes the same and you still have the lemons for the rough times.

So Ms. Tia told me I was pessimisstic by using the "cheap knock off" until I broke it down like this...The saying goes "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day but Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime". All I'm saying is "Give a man lemons he'll have one pitcher of lemonade but show a man how to quench his own desires and he'll never be thirsty".

Aha! "I see said the blind man" lmao.

Forget the "material'' of how you go about survival or being happy isn't the important factor that you survived and/or became happy?

So to Tia and Whitley (my fav inspirations and skeptics who I got nothing but love for) smile, do something crazy, spend the loose change in your pocket and get a 'drink' on me. Hahaha *wink*

Life is short and we're in a recession. We can't afford to waste our lemons!!

...but I won't be blue always
Bluebelle

1 comment:

  1. this makes so much sense to me. you have no idea. I have too many empty glasses i need to get some coolaid.

    ReplyDelete