Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Family Business



And yes just like the Kanye West song...I have some family business I would like to share.

Recently I've been getting these strange messages on Facebook and Myspace from people I don't know but could share blood with. None of them "know" me or are my friends on these social networks so let me just say this is getting a little spooky.

My name is Brittany "Blue" Bellinger. period. Not a lot of people share that last name besides my daddy, siblings and relatives on the paternal side. Its not an usual name but I wouldn't call it average. Not a williams, jones, smith and such.

So WHY have I've been approached via message by people who've I've never seen nor met before in my ENTIRE life have my last name? Take one facebook message maybe a week ago from Belinda Bellinger. Sweet young woman who goes to Sarah lawrence and is from Cali.

Message stated:
Hi!
We have the same last name. Its rare that I run into someone with the same last name.
I wonder if we have kin?
I apologize for sending this random message but I couldn't pass it up
take care,
belinda bellinger

We talked and she told me her parents & grandparents, I won't know anything until i speak with daddy but who knows? That would be sooo cool!

Then the other day on myspace (yea, i know) I got this message from a Quentin Bellinger:
How are you doing Brittany? I was typing my sisters name on youtube and your poetry video came up and I noticed you look a little bit like her. Her name is Crystal Bellinger and she plays basketball at Rhode Island University. My name is Quentin Bellinger. We are from Uptown Manhattan. I see you live in Brookylyn. I was told by someone that I have alot of family that live in Brooklyn. Anyway I was just interested in knowing if we are related and if so how much family is really out there

weird huh? We've been talking but it might be harder to determine if he's related to me. Unfortunately Q, isn't that tight with the bellingers...hmmm.

Although all of this could be a really big coincidence I find it funny that all of our swapped stories lead back to different towns in South Carolina. Even if turns out I am NOT related to these people we're making all bellingers look amazing. Writers? B-Ball players? Poets? Just straight up flyy. So daddy we need to do lunch and pry over the family tree. Now enjoy all the random Bellinger companies/artifacts/images I google'd earlier.

who knows? Maybe I'm related to these people too, lol
**technical difficulties with the pics, will upload the rest at later date**

...But i won't be blue always,
BlueBelle

No comments:

Post a Comment