Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Sweetest Taboo: Words speak louder

"You give me the sweetest taboo. That's why I'm in love with you. You give me the sweetest taboo. Sometimes I think you're just to good for me..."

I'm in a Sade kind of mood this morning. Its mid-morning and cold outside or at least I assume so since the cold slipped into my room. I'm not a fan of winter but I do enjoy the isolation it gives me. A chance to reflect and whatnot.

Although last week was crazy emotional I've decided to take a different approach to this one. I'm about to embark on a journey with Whitley (myexistenceasme.blogspot.com) *smiles* for the year to start to become the woman I want to be. We're going to be reading books, taking in museums, plays, dance classes, a healthier way of being pretty much. I'm excited.

Today it starts with The alchemist. A book that I know I need to read for more reasons than one. Then there's also the pending semi-finals of the knicks poetry slam which is this weekend. Going to support whitley in the bx friday for her semis but saturday afternoon is mine.

I'm nervous and anxious. So please do nothing but leave encouraging words & energy.

I've been listening to Flo'ology which is by far one of my favorite cds. I've always wanted to be Natalie {Stewart} the floacist. She's soo dope. I love Marsha's voice but it wouldn't be Floetry without Nat so please if you've never heard that album do so. 'Sometimes you make me smile' is a personal fav...Enjoy.

"If you were mine I wouldn't want to go to Heaven...Cherish the day. I won't go astray. I won't be afraid. You won't catch me running. You rule the way that I move. Showed me how deep love can be" -Sade (Cherish The Day)

That's the truth. To be young and In love is beautiful. Hopefully one day I'll experience what Sade so eloquently displays in her songs.

Well wouldn't you know, the heat is on full blast and my room is now set a blaze. I think its a sign! It won't be cold in my sanctum for much longer. *Take that however you like*

Lyrics are powerful because in the beginning there was WORD.

[Glass] feelings are fragile.

"Love is a guitar solo"

Peace {of mind} Earthlings,
Bluebelle

2 comments:

  1. being young and in love is a great feeling, one in which lasts even when you get older. great part about love is that it doesn't age, but gets more experienced.

    trying to match you on that word level, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are wonderful and you will do wonderful.

    ReplyDelete