Sunday, January 11, 2009

Snow storms...

On the days when its bitter cold is the best for cuddling, drinking hot cocoa and watching old movies until the sun comes out. I am doing none of the above, but feel just as comforted. By blankets of love and good conversation.

I won't change much as the years do. Just add more mattress space, maybe some kids, a spouse and a nightstand to hold my journal close by. I'll cook big meals on this day so we won't feel snowed in but insulated. Covered house in freezing perfection with just us to comfort one another. I will read the children poems that mimick bedtime stories. Falling in love with my husband again; slow dancing to old songs.

There will be a time when i lay in bed like a pig in a blanket wrapped snug. But today none of that happened. No man, children or big meal. Just peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, phone conversation, and thoughts of you to keep me warm in this cold house with not enough insulation to be a home.

And I couldn't be happier with myself...or being locked in by mother nature. It grants time for reflection.

Peace Earthlings,
BlueBelle

No comments:

Post a Comment