Thursday, May 21, 2009

Feel free to fly your pretty wings...

I cannot stop listening to the song Pretty Wings by Maxwell. Its so beautiful in a Slow Dancing In a Burning Room way by John Mayer, don't you think? Anyhow, thats what I'm trying to do. Fly.

Sometimes its hard to use your wings if they're so weighed down with life. I want to flex mine before I actually take flight. Jumping out the nest (comfort zone) like a baby bird. So here's an exercise to share with on my blog and to all my beautiful friends out there...

Queen GodIs put in her facebook status to write down your best advice then take it. I am going to attempt to do so, to give myself advice and stick with it. Here are some things I tell my friends:

1. Never settle. If i know you are wonderful then YOU should too.
2. Be confident. It goes a long way if you know how to use it.
3. Count your blessings!
4. Be grateful for what you don't think is enough to be grateful for because it is.
5. Remember that it could always be worse
6. Cry sometimes without being ashamed of the vulnerability
7. Be able to let someone in willingly
8. Leave your baggage hidden in your closet where it belongs until you are ready to sort through it. Don't take it everywhere with you.
9. Take some time for you! To be still, to do nothing, to get to know yourself

Thats enough for now. We'll see how good I do. I mean it is easier to dish it then take it. Try it for yourself. Only 2 things can happen...One your own advice could help you in your life OR you'll rethink what you say to others.

Peace Earthlings,
Bluebelle

No comments:

Post a Comment