Saturday, June 20, 2009

Vanilla Ice Cream

Thats one of my fav songs by this comedian named Stephen Lynch. He's white. The song Vanilla Ice Cream is about his love of Black women.

I never felt any type of way about interracial dating before. Unlike my peers I've always believed love; no matter the flavor or genre of music it listens to is beautiful. If you find it that you should hold on to it. People go everyday without sharing themselves with another person in the most purest way possible.

Well recently I've found myself smitten with an amazing guy who also has been my friend for the past 2 years. We've been on a date already...*a record 12hour first date* because we had such a great time together. So it was confirmed that I do like him.

Thing is, he's not black. He's not white either but this would be my first interracial experience. For some reason I'm slightly uncomfortable with how other people will perceive us but then again I really don't care. So I'm taking this how I take everything else with an open mind/heart and patience.

Well see how this works out.

"Here we go again..." (Portrait)

Peace,
Bluebelle

3 comments:

  1. I grew up in a racially diverse area where interracial dating was pretty common. Even in that environment, I've noticed that black women appear to express the least interested in dating outside the race, usually with strong objections to the idea. Black men, conversely, are not only far more open to it, but it's not uncommon for many of them to vocalize their lists of reasons why they select not to date their own race. This has always left me wondering what is it that causes black women to hold fast to a sense of loyalty to group of men who largely have no interest in reciprocating that loyalty.

    Could it be held over from slavery? Are we black women, as a result of a legacy of rape, asked to bear the full brunt of defiance of white dominion over the black race? If so, what have we gained from it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. does race matters? just follow your heart, you shouldn't love a person by his/her race you should love him because of what you feel. Just ignore the reaction of the people. I just remember the song "You and Me Against the world!" How sweet isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me race matters just like on Chinese they prefer to marry chinese. they are open for other race

    ReplyDelete