Sunday, May 3, 2009

Who Datt?? and other mysterious dances...

It all started a few months ago over facebook with a poet named Austin (aka Benn Broox) from the bay who now resides in kentucky at college. I met him last year at Brave New Voices and we kept in contact. He hit me up this particular day to have me watch his new music video on youtube entitled Who datt?

Long story shorter...I did. It was catchy, funny and cute. Entertaining as well. By the end of the song I was singing the hook and it was down hill from there. It opened up a portal into dances from different places I've never heard of.

*scratches head* Huh?! I thought harlem was bad before soulja boy took over the dance craze market but now I realize that this is a phenomenom. So after months of youtube, convos with friends and research I am here to inform YOU on what's going on in the world of dance.

Let's start with the vid that started it all...Who Datt by [my homie] Benn broox.




*to be continued*

2 comments:

  1. i officially love this song although i feel like i've heard it before. wheres the copyright?? did he make the song or just the dancing? lol yea im calling him out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn, these songs all sound the same... it's iight. if i could dance (or remember it), i'd be down.

    ReplyDelete