Wednesday, March 25, 2009

...And its coming

I made it through my Semi-finals for the Urbanword slam and have advanced to the finals which is April 4th. This year its at the Apollo theatre which is so amazing!

That may be the best part besides having just the opportunity to perform and represent such a movement. I've been to Brave New Voices in 2008 which is the competition that Urbanword makes a team for every year. Its such an honor. Those 5 days changed my life in every way. I have coined the name "Mecca of spoken word" for my feelings toward BNV.

Last year it was also filmed for HBO as a mini documentary series which will premiere in early April. I am excited because its like reliving the experience all over again. So here is the buzz hbo commercial for it...



Now this is one of my personal fav videos that someone filmed from their perspective of Brave New Voices last year. This was a better look than the mainstream one because it actually captures some of the energy.



This year its in Chicago and I'll be ready...

Peace & [hairgrease]!
BlueBelle

No comments:

Post a Comment