Monday, October 19, 2009

Be Where You Are *VA edition*

I'm in VA for exactly 24hrs to perform at this new open mic For Love Of Words (FLOW). Spent this morning in the SUB at Hampton University ppl watching. When my mind began to drift...

I'm one of those rare adaptable people who can almost envision and/or place themselves everywhere. I couldn't help but to see myself here in VA. what kind of place would i live? what college i would go to?? Most interestingly, what kind of a man would i meet. *chuckles*

I saw a strong black southern man with a nice family and maybe a slight accent which made me uneasy to say the least. Since in ny I like "alternative, original, artsy'' guys no matter their race.

It made question alot of things: Do women like me know what they want?? Is your soulmate anywhere you are?

(Here's the kicker) Does location really affect your preference in a mate??

Think on this,
Bluebelle

3 comments:

  1. great blog!!!! I'm following it now :-)
    --Princess

    would love it if you followed mine as well
    http://ColorMePrincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for Advise on breaking up and found this great site www.saveabreakup.com I gotta admit its great and it worked for me and helped me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm i think places really affect! they say that if you are meant to be time will tell but still if you are divided by places i don't think that will still work. Soulmates are just an imagination of those people who are hoping for nothing but still HOPING.

    ReplyDelete